SIP West Midlands
The Science Industry Partnership (SIP), supported by Cogent Skills, is launching SIP West Midlands in partnership with Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP).
This new initiative will bring together companies using science in the region with a specific focus on the Health and Medical Technology sector. The employer-led group will drive a collaborative approach by sharing best practice, addressing skills needs and growing apprenticeship and graduate numbers in the region.
Join us for the launch of SIP West Midlands
22nd April 2021, 10.30am – 12.00pm
The digital launch event will set out the vision for the group. It will be a fantastic opportunity for employers in the region to come together and hear more about how to get involved in an industry-led group which will lead in the development of a forward looking skills agenda and deliver growth in the take up of vocational skills.
SIP West Midlands is open to businesses in the Greater Birmingham and Solihull, Coventry & Warwickshire and Black Country areas.
The main benefits of SIP West Midlands will include:
- Influencing core and specialist skills delivery in the West Midlands region so that they fit with Health and Medical Technology sector business needs
- Collaborating to establish local apprenticeship delivery to develop local talent
- Gaining direct support and advice on how to access and utilise levy funding to train Apprentices (both levy and non-levy payers)
- Being involved in Apprenticeship Standards development
- Access to the hugely successful SIP Ambassador Careers Outreach programme reaching into local schools and colleges
- Attending quarterly skills networking meetings with like-minded employers and key skills partners
If you'd like more information about SIP West Midlands, please contact, Matt Syrett: email@example.com