SIP Liverpool Plus
Launched in October 2019, SIP Liverpool Plus has been formed in partnership with Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (LCR CA) to bring together science industry employers from across the North West region to focus on skills issues in the sector.
The main benefits of SIP Liverpool Plus are as follows:
- Quarterly skills networking meetings to share best practice and new thinking
- Influencing core and specialist skills delivery in the Liverpool area so that it fits with business needs
- Collaboration to establish/enhance local apprenticeship delivery through a Science Industry Apprenticeship Consortium (SIAC)
- Involvement in Apprenticeship Standards development
- Understanding how Apprenticeships might enhance the talent pipeline
- Partnering in collaborative bids to support local skills development
- Quarterly Skills and Policy Updates
- Regular Member Technical Webinars
- Access to the SIP Ambassador Careers Outreach programme
SIP Liverpool Plus's activities are reported quarterly via the chair to the national SIP Board.
SIP Liverpool Plus Careers Outreach Guide Launched
In February 2021, the SIP published it's Careers Outreach Guide for the SIP Liverpool Plus group. Working with great organisations from across the North West, including Universities to create a comprehensive guide for companies to reach their careers outreach goals.
Steve Rotheram Metro Mayor, Liverpool City Region:
"The SIP Liverpool Plus Careers Outreach Handbook has been created for employers in the science industries to use and guide their employees through their careers outreach goals; it’s something that employers have asked for so that they can more easily identify how and where best they can engage to support and nurture talent.
Engagement is crucial, and research shows the likelihood of pupils becoming NEET (not in education, employment or training) is reduced by 86%3 with at least four encounters with business leaders or professionals.
This handbook features universities carrying out ground-breaking research, who are educating tomorrow’s workforce, as well as organisations who are right at the heart of STEM careers outreach in the Liverpool City Region and beyond.
Collaboration between businesses, organisations and academia is key to promoting STEM subjects, providing inspiration for young people and helping to narrow our skills gaps."
If you'd like to get involved with this regional group, contact: Craig Alexander, firstname.lastname@example.org