SIP Liverpool Plus
Launched in October 2019, SIP Liverpool Plus has been formed in partnership with Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (LCR CA) to bring together science industry employers from across the North West region to focus on skills issues in the sector.
The main benefits of SIP Liverpool Plus are as follows:
- Quarterly skills networking meetings to share best practice and new thinking
- Influencing core and specialist skills delivery in the Liverpool area so that it fits with business needs
- Collaboration to establish/enhance local apprenticeship delivery through a Science Industry Apprenticeship Consortium (SIAC)
- Involvement in Apprenticeship Standards development
- Understanding how Apprenticeships might enhance the talent pipeline
- Partnering in collaborative bids to support local skills development
- Quarterly Skills and Policy Updates
- Regular Member Technical Webinars
- Access to the SIP Ambassador Careers Outreach programme
SIP Liverpool Plus's activities are reported quarterly via the chair to the national SIP Board.
AstraZeneca’s Andy Ludzik, Chair of SIP Liverpool Plus, said:
“This important regional skills forum gives us a sectoral approach to our skills needs. Our very first meeting was a great success and really shows the need to develop the skills required for a science-based workforce and to ensure clear pathways into these roles for young people.
“We need to ensure our thriving sector has the necessary skills base, particularly as it underpins the continued economic success of the North West, and provides great jobs for many people in our region. Collaboration will support this agenda.”
If you'd like to get involved with this regional group, contact: Craig Alexander, firstname.lastname@example.org