Information for SIP Members
The SIP Ambassador Programme is available to all SIP Members.
Members can join a network of Industry professionals who engage, inspire and enthuse young people into careers within the science based industries. As a SIP Ambassador, you will engage with young people, parents, teachers and careers advisers to promote STEM based careers through visits to schools and colleges, attendance at careers fairs and by supporting industry visits. You will enthuse young people with your own knowledge and provide a unique insight into the world of work.
Ambassador training includes an interactive workshop which allows you to practice delivering activities, engaging young people, planning your own workshops and discussing the challenges and opportunities of your career
You’ll have access to our specially developed Futures in Science Careers classroom resource to support you in delivering these activities in classrooms, at events and presentations.
SIP Ambassadors will receive specialist training and access to our specially developed careers resources.
Why become a SIP Ambassador?
- Inspire the best students to work for your company
- Demonstrate opportunities across all functions – from the lab to engineering to marketing
- Promote your Employer Brand to the next generation of talent
- Challenge the stereotypes associated with working in the science industries – share your story!
- Receive free training to develop your science careers knowledge
- CPD opportunities for your professional development
- Boost your confidence, communication, organisational and presentational skills
- Network with fellow SIP Ambassadors
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR):
- Increase your involvement in the local community
- Support local schools to meet “Gatsby” career benchmarks
- Educate young people about scientific issues affecting their society and meet your CSR targets
If you are interested in becoming a SIP Ambassador please email email@example.com