Information for Schools
There are many benefits to schools from engaging with the SIP Ambassador programme.
Some benefits to pupils are:
- Meet employees from science companies and hear their career story.
- Discover the wide range of careers available within the science based industries.
- Learn about different industries and opportunities available to them locally.
- Become educated about scientific issues affecting their society.
- Develop their employability skills such as teamwork, problem solving and communication.
As a school, the SIP Ambassador programme can help reach the Gatsby Career Benchmarks, 2 – 7.
Our SIP Ambassador programme has been designed to provide young people with science industry employee encounters where they will learn about the breadth of careers available and the different routes into the industry whilst developing their own employability skills. SIP Ambassadors are science industry employees who have been trained to work with young people, parents, teachers and careers advisers to promote the many careers available within the science-based industries. They aim to inspire and enthuse young people and dispel the myths and stereotypes about working in the science industry whilst providing a unique insight into the world of work.
Please note our SIP Ambassadors are volunteers who will have various work commitments so we cannot guarantee an encounter. We will promote your request to our 600 plus network and ask Ambassadors to contact you directly. The more flexible you can be with your request the more likely it is an Ambassador will be able to commit to it.