Access to Funding
21.2m was secured from Government through the Employer Ownership Pilot, providing funding to support over 4,600 individual courses and 1135 Apprentices.
New projects delivered on behalf of the Sector, now underway or recently completed including:
- Growing Greater Manchester’s Science-based Apprenticeships
- Futures in Science
- Apprenticeship Standard development
- Science Standards project
- Advanced Manufacturing Supply Chain
- ‘Future You’ Careers Programme
- ‘Online Portal Project’ – development of e-learning
- Occupational Map for the Life Science Sector
Several more projects are currently in the bid process including ‘Pathways to Life Sciences’, ‘Skills Support for the Workforce’ and ‘Promoting Employment & Labour Mobility’.
All future needs identified by science-based employers will be considered and reviewed by the SIP Board; if there is demand these will be taken forward if suitable funding can be identified.